Pressure Cooker is a sealed cooking vessel, in which food to be cooked is put with water and other ingredients is allowed to cook. Food is cooked faster in pressure cooker. It saves time and energy. In Pressure Cookers, boiling water creates steam, which in turn increases the internal pressure. Meanwhile, temperature also rises. Steam is released through whistles and you can count upon whistles and know if food is cooked or not. After use, steam releases slowly to so that vessel can be safely opened. Almost any food can be cooked in the pressure cooker.
Compare The 10 Best Pressure Cooker in India 2018
|Rank||Product Name||User Ratings||Latest Price in India|
|#001||Prestige Clip On Aluminum Pressure cooker||4.9/5|
|#002||Hawkins Induction Based Futura||4.9/5|
|#003||Hawkins CB15 Hard Anodized Pressure Cooker||4.8/5|
|#004||Prestige Deluxe Alpha Outer Lid||4.8/5|
|#005||Prestige Deluxe Plus Hard Anodized Outer Lid||4.8/5|
|#006||Pigeon Belita Hard Anodized Super Cooker Set||4.7/5|
|#007||Surya Accent Aluminium 4-in-1 Pressure Cooker||4.7/5|
|#008||Pigeon All in One Super Cooker Value Pack||4.7/5|
|#009||Prestige Clip On Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker||4.6/5|
|#010||Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker||4.6/5|
Now take a look at some basic knowledge about pressure cooker, like types of cooker, materials used to made pressure cookers in India etc.
Pressure cookers are generally made up of two materials: Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
- Aluminum Pressure Cookers: Aluminum, being a good conductor of heat, is generally used. Aluminum is lightweight and comparatively cheaper. The problem is with durability. Aluminum pressure cookers are not much durable and their appearance over with time.
- Stainless Steel Pressure Cookers: Stainless Steel pressure cookers have become more popular these days because these are durable and their shiny look lasts for longer time. Stainless steel is not a good conductor of heat and these pressure cookers are costly.
Stainless steel cookers with an aluminum clad base are a new trend. Being aluminum based, they are good conductors of heat and stainless steel body appears shiny for longer time. These pressure cookers are generally most expensive ones. Just put them on gas stoves, add ingredients and get ready your food in minutes. Read-on these reviews to look for the best pressure cookers available.
Reviews of Top 5 Best Pressure Cooker in India 2018
Are you looking for reviews of pressure cooker product? Here we have shortlisted some of the best pressure cookers in India which you can buy online.
#1 Prestige Clip On Aluminum Pressure cooker with Glass Lid
Overview: This is a modular designed pressure-cooking range by Prestige. Prestige, the brand of cookers, provides you extreme functionality with a wonderful range of cookers. This is a perfect cook and serves range. The unique glass lid simply adds to its beauty. The lid of this pressure cooker can be placed in any position and it comes with a pressure indicator. The pressure indicator alerts you about the pressure and acts as a lock to ensure proper safety.
- This unique pressure cooker is compatible with both induction and gas cooktop.
- The charcoal colored, aluminum cooker has 5 ltrs capacity.
- The pressure cooker has a unique ladle holder.
- Most wonderful feature of this product is that the same lid fits in the each utensil in this range.
- You can sauté, steam or fry in this cooker.
#2 Hawkins Induction Based Futura Hard Anodized Cooker
Overview: Futura is the combination of Form and Function. Futura cooks on average 46% faster than a microwave oven. This product is perfect for faster, safer and tastier cooking. The thick hard anodized base makes cooker absorb heat faster and its shine is retained for years. In this pressure cooker, pressure can be uniquely regulated and can be released on one fingertip. It prevents clogging of steam.
- This cooker is not compatible with induction cooktops.
- This most popular cooker brand has a manufacturer warranty of 5 years.
- High temperature created in this pressure cooker retains nutrients, flavors, color and texture of the food.
- This 5 Ltr capacity cooker is ideal for cooking for 5-7 persons.
- Cooking in this pressure cooker saves fuel and time.
#3 Hawkins CB15 Hard Anodized Pressure Cooker
Overview: This pressure cooker has a hard anodized black colored body with a steel lid. The black body of the cooker absorbs heat faster and food is cooked quickly. The hard anodized body does not lose its shine over years and always look new. The pressure cooker is crafted with a curved body which makes the process of stirring comfortable. It also enables the better visibility of food.
- The black body of the pressure cooker is appealing and absorbs heat faster. It does not corrode or react with time.
- This product is fuel and time efficient.
- This particular model can be used on gas stoves only.
- This 1.5 Ltr pressure cooker is ideal for cooking for 2 persons.
#4 Prestige Deluxe Alpha Outer Lid Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Overview: A contemporary blend of style and dazzle, this heavy body product from Prestige is made of stainless steel and is silver colored. It has an outer lid which has handles with double screws to ensure sturdy grip and durability. The base of this pressure cooker is made up of alpha base induction bottom for even distribution of heat. The pressure cooker has a pressure indicator for extra safety and a controlled GRS.
- The high quality stainless steel body adds to the aesthetic beauty of this pressure cooker.
- This 3 ltr pressure cooker is ideal for the family of 3-4 persons.
- Cooking in this pressure cooker is a great way to lock vitamins and nutrients of food.
- Handles of this pressure cooker are quite comfortable.
- The product is ideal for electric, gas, halogen, ceramic and solid hot plates.
- The unique product comes with a manufacturer warranty of 10 years.
#5 Prestige Deluxe Plus Hard Anodized Outer Lid Pressure Cooker
Overview: This deluxe plus hard anodized pressure cooker has some wonderful features. It gives you the convenience of aluminum cookers and the strength of anodisation. This pressure cooker is scratch resistant, stain resistant and stick resistant. The induction base of the cooker enables smart cooking because the pressure cooker is induction compatible. This aesthetically appealing pressure cooker enables you to cook delicious savories.
- The pressure indicator of the pressure cooker ensures the highest level of safety.
- The stylish grey color of the pressure cooker makes it extremely beautiful. The enorgamic handles are long enough to keep your hands safe.
- The pressure cooker looks new for years because it does not corrode or tarnish for years.
- This 5 ltr pressure cooker is ideal for a family of 5-7 persons.
- The base provides rapid heating and is energy efficient.
Conclusion: This review includes all the Best pressure cookers in India. I hope this review will help to choose the best pressure cooker for your home. Do look for features like heat efficient base, pressure indicators, scratch and stain resistance.